[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: book recommendations
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: book recommendations
- From: Jennifer Vignone <opus@TIAC.NET>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 20:29:44 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199708112127.RAA09807@maildeliver0.tiac.net>
- Message-Id: <199708120055.RAA29108@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Thank you, Bob. I appreciate the suggestions and will look into these books!
> "Bookbinding: It's Background and Technique" by Edith Diehl,
>Published by Dover is a good beginning. It gives history and how
>to's. The history is especially good. The Dover Edition combines
>into one what was originally two volumes. Any city library might very
>well carry it.
> In the area of techniques I think Arthur Johnson's "Manual of
>Bookbinding", published by Thames and Hudson and "The Restoration of
>Leather Bindings" by Bernard Middleton, part of the Library Technology
>Program published by the ALA in Chicago are good introductions.