Re: Copiers

One thing people should note is that the toner used in copies is not ink, but a particulant which is electrostaticaly fused/bonded to the paper. As such, it should not fade as many inks will.

Toner can however offset to adjacent pages under the right conditions, such as pressure, heat. Not all do, but I have several examples here which have.

Peter

>>I am planning to "print a few copies of a miniature book on a Canon Copier
>>and have two questions to ask about this:
>>
>>1.  Will the ink fade if the book is kept closed most of the time?
>>
>>2. Will the ink offset on to the neighbouring page? If so, can this be
>>corrected by leaving the pages to thoroughly "dry" before binding?
>>
>>Many thanks to any experienced copier people who can help with these
>>questions.
>>
>>Jane Conneen............lfarmpress@aol.com

Der Buchbinder als Architekt des Buches baut eine
Fassade seiner Zeit. Edwin Redslob

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244