Re: gauffering?

At 10:10 AM 8/16/97 EDT, you wrote:
>I saw reference to gauffering in an old post here. Can some
>kind soul please tell me what this means or in which book I'd
>find reference to it?
>
>Thank you VERY much!
>
>                     Julie

Gauffer is French for gopher.  Also refers to a honeycomb structure.  Not
sure it this helps with your puzzlement.

Amazing those French,  they've got a word for everthing!

Ciao,

      M I C H A E L   M O R I N                  M.F.A., M.L.S.
    Director Celtic Press                Instructional Media Librarian
     Buffalo  New York                   D'Youville College Library
                           ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
       Member Buffalo Free-Net Executive Board of Directors