edge gilding

I have heard of Marchetti Brothers in NYC for gilding the
edges of books.  Has anyone ever used them?  Can anyone
please tell me whether or not this can be done by mail, or do
you have to live near NYC to be able to use it?  And if
they'll do it to books I've bound myself, or if they have to
bind them. And approx how long it takes. (Obviously I'll call
them tomorrow; I'm just so all-fired eager to learn as much
as I can!)

Thankyou so much. This is the best listserve anywhere! I
can't get over the caliber of help you get here, and the
generosity of members in sharing their expertise.

Thanks again for everything.

               Julie