[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Drop Spine Box
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Drop Spine Box
- From: David Kern <dkern@JUNO.COM>
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:42:19 -0500
- Message-Id: <199708201458.HAA31508@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Thanks to all who answered my previous question about "clamshell boxes."
I have two more questions (sorry if this is all elementary).
1) I'm designing a drop spine box to hold about 15-20 14X17" acetate
pages with screwposts. I'm sure I need to rivet the part that holds the
screwposts to the spline. Is there a special tool for that? Would a
shoemaker or luggage repair place be able to do that?
2) What thickness binders board should I use? (The pages will contain a
lot of double weight photographic paper).
Thanks in advance!!! Any other hints??