Post/Nut Album binding???

One of Keith Smith's books describes a post-and-nut album
binding, but uses paper covers.  I assume that I could do the
same thing using clothcovered hardcovers (to make it more
elegant and durable).

Can anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction
for more information about this?  Essentially, I want to make
some very fat albums that would be too fat for Japanese stab
bindings.  That's why I'm thinking of the post-and-nut.  But
I can't find any other references to it and would greatly
appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thank you very much!

               Julie