Re: Post/Nut Album binding???

At 02:09 PM 8/20/97 EDT, you wrote:
 Essentially, I want to make
>some very fat albums that would be too fat for Japanese stab
>bindings.

Julie--How thick will these albums be?  Isn't the post-and-nut just
side-stitching using a post instead of thread or thong?  Spacers can be
used between leaves in any kind of side stitched book. Of course, the
post/nut could be set up to permit adding leaves, I guess, but other than
that, what is the advantage of the post/nut? I'm asking for information,
not suggesting you do something else. I've never made a book with the
post/nut construction.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)