[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Post/Nut Album binding???
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Post/Nut Album binding???
- From: Beth Lee <Callibeth@AOL.COM>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:27:13 -0400
- Message-Id: <199708211627.JAA19266@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In a message dated 97-08-21 11:56:16 EDT, you write:
<< Yes, you can do the post/nut binding with hard covers. The only problem
is that you need some sort of hinging on the top (and if desired the
bottom) cover. I when I do this I usually use book board and, for the
top cover, cut two pieces. One is the spine edge and is about 3/4 to 1"
wide, the other is the width of the text or other material to be bound +
any extension over the edge of the bound material and less one book board
I would think that the width of "other" piece should be
width of the text or other material to be bound
+ any extension over the edge of the bound material
- one book board thickness
* - the width of the spine-edge piece *
Or am I visualizing this binding wrongly?