Re: Post/Nut Album binding???

<< Yes, you can do the post/nut binding with hard covers.  The only problem
 is that you need some sort of hinging on the top (and if desired the
 bottom) cover.  I when I do this I usually use book board and, for the
 top cover, cut two pieces.  One is the spine edge and is about 3/4 to 1"
 wide, the other is the width of the text or other material to be bound +
 any extension over the edge of the bound material and less one book board
 thickness.   >>

I would think that the width of "other" piece should be
        width of the text or other material to be bound
     + any extension over the edge of the bound material
     -  one book board thickness
*   -   the width of the spine-edge piece  *

Or am I visualizing this binding wrongly?

Beth