[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Stabbound Journals
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Stabbound Journals
- From: Reed C Bowman <rcbowman@GLOBAL.CALIFORNIA.COM>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 20:48:01 -0700
- Message-Id: <199708220344.UAA18954@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Sam Lanham wrote:
> Keith's book omits any consideration of the inner
> binding which is of critical importance to a sound, side-stitched book.
While not much of one for stab bindings (for reasons of mechanical
aesthetics, not visual) I have an application in mind for one. Could
you (or anyone) recommend a good book that does a better job of teaching
it than you say Keith Smith's does?