[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Clamshell boxes
- From: David Kern <dkern@JUNO.COM>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:43:55 -0500
- Message-Id: <199708221554.IAA26948@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I posted this a few days ago and am not sure if it got lost in the
tangle. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate hearing from
them. I have two questions (sorry if this is all elementary).
1) I'm designing a drop spine box to hold about 15-20 14X17" acetate
pages with screwposts. I'm sure I need to rivet the part that holds the
screwposts to the spline. Is there a special tool for that? Would a
shoemaker or luggage repair place be able to do that?
2) What thickness binders board should I use? (The pages will contain a
lot of double weight photographic paper).
Thanks in advance!!! Any other hints??