Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Aug 1997 to 18 Aug 1997

Hi Gail,
The crossed binding technique was developed by Carmencho Arregui, an Italian
conservator.  An exhibition was organized last year by "La Librairie Blaizot"
in Paris for crossed structure binding and a good catalogue was published and
can probably still  be purchased from Claude Blaizot, 164 rue du Faubourg
Saint-Honore, 75008 Paris, FRANCE. The title of the catalogue is "Plat
Dessus, Plat Dessous".
It is a bilingual catalogue (English/French).  The explanations of the
technique are very clear and well illustrated and all the bindings are in
color. A must have catalogue for any bookbinder. Sorry, I don't remenber the
price but I know it is affordable......and the rate of the dollar is good
with the French franc.
It is a technique that offers a lot of possibilities.
Hope that helps!
Monique Lallier