Re: Onionskin paper

I can't answer all of your questions ,but I can say that it wouldn't have
been replaced by velum which has been around since before paper. In my
understanding onion skin paper has nothing to do with onion skins but is a
very fine transparent paper. However onion skins can be added to paper for
decorative effects by boiling up the skins and either chopping them up or
liquidising them depending on how big you want the pieces.
Gail Stiffe
     /             Hands                                   /
   /                   on                                   /
                         /
 /                       Paper                          /