Re: Stabbound Journals

Julia-

At 12:35 PM 8/23/97 EDT, you wrote:

>Can anyone please advise me if it would be feasible to use standard
>81/2x11" paper horizontally (so that my journals are 8 1/2 " high &
>11" wide)?  Would the grain be a problem if I did that?

Grain is particularly important in side-stitched bindings in order to
facilitate opening. The standard pre-cut 8.5 x 11 has the grain running
with the 11" dimension which is the wrong way for the format you describe.
If you are cutting from  full sheets you can cut the grain the 8.5" way.

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)