Re: short grain paper

Julie,
Yes, that will make it short grain, because the grain will be running the
8.5" way. Cutting the paper is okay as long as you have a very sharp blade
and accurate cutter. Otherwise if it's off square or the edges are ragged you
might have feeding problems in your laser printer. Also, paper feeds more
reliably if it's long grain. But these are probably greater issues if you're
doing volume copying/printing on a high speed copier. We've run all kinds of
papers through our desktop laser printers.
Laura