Re: Ideal Paper Weight????

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Joyce Jenkins wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, CLARA KEYES wrote: You can cut the pages to size,
> minding the grain direction> using a straightedge and a scalpel or xacto knife. You might also be able
>
> I know this theory and started out this way, but I found it pretty
> tricky.  I tore a lot of pieces of paper before I got my Kutrimmer!
>
> Joyce

Gee, that's odd. I don't think I've ever torn paper cutting it this way.
You just have to make sure you have a nice sharp crease and a nice thin
knife. (I've used icing spatulas, butcher knives, a thin ruler, etc). You
have to keep both the knife and the paper pretty flat, and cut straight
through the fold with a slicing motion, holding the paper down with your
other hand. It works best on the edge of a counter or table. Work with
the fold of the paper facing you, and cut toward yourself. Standing up is
best for me.

This is one of those activities I really enjoy--the pace is slow, it's
restful, and you can talk to people while you're working.

Clara