Clamshell Boxes

I didn't notice but perhaps the information that came to me was off-list.
The publication is called "Boxes for the Protection of Books: Their
Design and Construction," and it was published by the Preservation
Directorate at the Library of Congress in 1994. Typical of the government
is it a very explicit step-by-step guide to constructing a number of
boxes. It is also a bit repetitive but, nonetheless, informative. You may
find it at a local library. The call number is LC 1.2:B69/994. If it is
still in printing I'm sure it can be acquired via the U.S. Government
Printing Office. If anyone has information about that I'd love to hear
it.

David Kern
dkern@juno.com