The Appropriate Glues and things

Hello Bookartists all.

I'm hoping you can help me with a collaborative work that I am taking
part in at the moment - or at least give me your individual and
collective two cents' worth...

The work entails a drawing, on wood, which I am making in charcoal,
pastel and an assortment of other things, and a body of photographs.
What we have decided to do, image wise, is collage the photographic
elements onto the wooden drawing.  Now, obviously, because of the
wood, we are not looking at archival purity - the wood has such a
seductive, warm pinkish hue, that we just can't help using -
rather, what I need to know is the appropriate type of glue that can
be used to collage the photographs on successfully, without bubbling
and lifting problems. Also, I'd be curious to know if any of you have
experience with work of this nature - my drawing technique is such
that I will need to scratch and draw onto the photographic images to
integrate the two and form a cohesive whole.  What photographic
paper would take this best?

It's a little off the book arts topic, admittedly, but I know that
many of you are very accomplished in the unusual.

Thanks,

Robyn Sassen
mephisto@global.co.za