[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Clamshell Boxes
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Clamshell Boxes
- From: R Starr <rstarr@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:32:41 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <01IMWGW9XOG2004SB6@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Message-Id: <199708292033.NAA22546@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
About 15 years ago the Library of Congress put out a book on making boxes
and other means of housing rare books. It was issued as a 3 ring binder
and is incredibly thorough. I was told that it is now out of print but
have not checked. If you want a complete reference you should send me a
message as I'm at work and the book is at home.
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Darryl Baird wrote:
> > Thanks all for the info on clamshell boxes. And thanks especially for the
> > reference to U.S. Government publication, "Boxes for the Protection of
> > Books."
> hmmmm, er, well, I think I missed something. I don't remember anything
> about a gov. publication. I just did a quick check of the
> very-up-to-date archives and I didn't find any reference to this
> publication in the Clamshell thread. Please enlighten me.
> Darryl Baird