Re: Printers, Copiers and Papers

At 7:15 PM -0400 97/08/30, Louise Neaderland wrote:
>Dear Bill- Unfortunately you can easily distort and destroy your fuser roller
>by and pick up caked toner on the ceramic tongues at the end of the fuser
>pass by multiple overprintings. I would suggest using a paper on which the
>ink fuses on the first pass. Louise Neaderland

I would suggest using a *copier* that fuses the pigmented toner on the
first pass. One archival quality test (sorry, I don't have the citation at
hand) consists in applying a certain type of adhesive tape to a certain
area of xeroxed text. You then pull the tape off and if none of the text
comes with it, your copier meets archival standards. For a given archival
quality paper, some copiers are more "archival" than others.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www.primenet.com/~dbarto/lnadeau.html