[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Holes 4 StabBound Journals
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Holes 4 StabBound Journals
- From: "Virginia B. Sauer" <vsauer@JUNO.COM>
- Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 11:03:52 EDT
- Message-Id: <199708311505.IAA27602@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Sam Lanham <slanham@HCTC.NET> wrote:
>> If you are going to insert posts a drill is OK. If you are
going to sew (as in Japanese binding) I recommend punching
with an awl so you don't remove any paper. Then you can
tap the hole to close the paper around the sewing thread.
If I may trouble you with one more question, what do you use
to punch the holes for the _decorative_ binding (i. e.,
through both the fabric-covered mat boards and the text
block, which may be quite thick)?
Thank you very much.