Re: Wheat starch paste

"Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@TELEPORT.COM> writes:

>However, I do not recommend using a microwave to prepare it

>because the starch granules do not have time to absorb enough

>water to burst the membranes ... I don't use PVA except on

>boxes/slipcases, or , perhaps, when recasing a modern book.

I can't thank you enough!  (And, since I don't own a microwave, I'm very
happy to learn that one can, indeed, use the top-of-the-stove method for
making the wheat paste.)

I had read that adding the PVA glue repels bugs -- but have read
elsewhere that

the reason for using wheat starch is that _THAT_ does not attract bugs.

Thanks again -- I really appreciate it.

Virginia