[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Making lickable adhesive at home
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Making lickable adhesive at home
- From: "D. Guffey" <dguff@RAZORLOGIC.COM>
- Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 15:20:03 -0400
- Message-Id: <199709011920.MAA16908@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 01:41 PM 9/1/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm trying to make some envelopes. Is there any recipe that uses common
>household/grocery items that would allow for nontoxic lickable adhesive
>like the kind on commercial envelopes?
"Lick it Later Sticker Gum"
1 pkg (1/4 oz.) unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup boiling water
1 TBL sugar
1/4 tsp. flavoring (vanilla, lemon, peppermint...)
Pour gelatin into a heatproof container. Add boiling water & stir until
Add suguar & stir until dissolved.
Add flavoring & stir.
Spread gum thinly on paper & let dry. Moisten it when you are ready to make
(when the gum in your container sets into a hard gel, simply set the
container in a pan of hot water to turn it back into a liquid)