Re: Making lickable adhesive at home

At 01:41 PM 9/1/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm trying to make some envelopes. Is there any recipe that uses common
>household/grocery items that would allow for nontoxic lickable adhesive
>like the kind on commercial envelopes?

"Lick it Later Sticker Gum"

1 pkg (1/4 oz.) unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup boiling water
1 TBL sugar
1/4 tsp. flavoring (vanilla, lemon, peppermint...)

Pour gelatin into a heatproof container.  Add boiling water & stir until
dissolved.
Add suguar & stir until dissolved.
Add flavoring & stir.

Spread gum thinly on paper & let dry.  Moisten it when you are ready to make
it stick.

(when the gum in your container sets into a hard gel, simply set the
container in a pan of hot water to turn it back into a liquid)

Good luck!

d.guffey