Re: Making lickable adhesive

Tara Bray Smith <smith01@XSITE.NET> wrote:
>>  I'm trying to make some envelopes. Is there any recipe
    that uses common household/grocery items that would allow
    for nontoxic lickable adhesive like the kind on commercial
        envelopes? Taste isn't all that important. If it were,
    however, could I add sugar? Minty flavor?  Chocolate?

Here is one recipe for envelope glue:

1 tablespoon thick white craft glue
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1 - 2 drops of flavoring (e. g., candy flavoring or mint
   extract ... some people recommend bubble gum flavor)

Mix together and use as envelope glue.