Re: Clamshell Boxes

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, R Starr wrote:

> About 15 years ago the Library of Congress put out a book on making boxes
> and other means of housing rare books.  It was issued as a 3 ring binder
> and is incredibly thorough.  I was told that it is now out of print but
> have not checked.  If you want a complete reference you should send me a
> message as I'm at work and the book is at home.
>
> R*

Actually, the Library of Congress published an updated version of __Boxes
for the Protection of Books: Their Design and Construction__ in 1994. It
was available from the U.S. Government Printing Office, Superintendent of
Documents, Mail Stop:SSOP, Washington, DC  20402-9328. I think I paid
around $25 for it.