Re: Folded Paper Books

I am curious how this could be copyrighted in 1995, when these "poof books"
have been included in teacher idea books for years? I know I have also seen
these "taught" in classes. I am not criticizing the writer of the original
message, just looking for info on copyrights for patterns. Many of these
"folded books", which I dearly love to make and decorate, are in what I would
call "the public domain". Can anyone shed light on my question? Thanks. Mona