Re: Place to start...?

This is a wonderful idea, I think.

And, someone who lacked the confidence to make her/his own drawings
might  consider using rubber art stamps to illustrate.  They are
available in a wide variety of holiday as well as other images.
If there is not a Stamp store near you (and you might check your phone
book because new ones are popping up all over), Hobby Lobby and Michaels
both carry a large selection as do some Cloth Worlds and Wal-Marts.
And this time of year, the holiday stamps often show up in stationary
stores or gift shops and other unusual places.

This sort of thing would liven up some Christmas news letters, also--
the book format and the illustrations...

Darlene Sybert vsn and abd
http://www.missouri.edu/~engds