[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aging Paper
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Aging Paper
- From: Daria <dherlihy@TIAC.NET>
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 21:27:34 -0500
- Message-Id: <199709060109.SAA26724@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Hi Kim - did you ever get a good idea for staining the maps??
A person who dyes cloth would be a good resource. Have you tried thinning
an earth tone acrylic like burnt sienna and staining with that? It would be
less likely to fade away in light than a natural ( tea ) dye.
Let me know .....
Lilials at Saltwinds Yankee Barn Workshop