Re: Bookplates

>Dear Linda,
>
>       Do you mean, putting bookplates in them?
>
>Regards, Joe
>
>Yes.  Of course, I have no idea what your collection consists of, but if
you think that it may increase in value with age, altering it with the
application of your bookplate could possibly have a negative affect on the
value.  But who am I to say?  Perhaps your name might make the book even
more collectible.  Honestly, I don't mean to sound sarcastic.  Wouldn't we
all like to have our names mean something to someone, even it is
posthoumously?  I'm just passing on a thought to you from my friendly local
antiquarian book dealer.  It caused me to stop putting bookplates in all of
my books indiscriminately.
Linda