Copyright Disagreements

Many people are threatening to sign off (or have already) because of what
they believe (and in some cases is) very nasty behaviour of posters to the
list.  This issue comes up in EVERY list I take part in that is related to
books, publishing, and the arts.  No matter how friendly the list is,
Copyright issues make for some very personal remarks.

The issue of Copyright is an intense one.

The way that I deal with this angry talk is to read the messages for what
is useful, note who is angry and why, and then pass to the next message.

I prefer not to respond to the emotional element but I will respond to more
pertinant issues in a post if I want or need.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (me and you included)!

Kathleen Weber
kmweber@ibm.net