[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: latest uproar very minor
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: latest uproar very minor
- From: Daria <dherlihy@TIAC.NET>
- Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 09:25:54 -0500
- Message-Id: <199709081554.IAA40716@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I would like to add another comment ( and I am not going to apologize for
extending the discussion, folks! )
I think it is wonderful that so many of us share FREELY with each other
about our experiences, techniques and little clues/learned-from-making mistakes.
This is an enriching, generous, loving outpouring of information.
Very little given out is of earth shaking import. Nothing given here is
going to make the difference between riches and poverty. There is room for
everyone and their ideas and knowledge. Indeed, when Richard Minsky or Brian
Queen or Susan Gaylord or any other garu shares with us their vast know
we would still have to outdo them in a BIG way to be any competition to their
job tenure, income, or status. It's sort of a free market capitalism that
absolutely flourishes and gets more and more rich and diverse.
Keep it all comin' !! (If you dont like the "clutter" then - delete.)