Re: ? about posting - reply to sender/reply to all

The list is set up so that replies automatically go to the list. Easier to
keep a list going that way. Otherwise all the good chats would be off-list
rather than on-list. Unfortuately, some email programs also let you fiddle
with settings. The upshot is, check to see what the To: line says in the
message before hitting send. It's confusing even to me. Hope this helps.

Peter

At 06:55 PM 9/8/97 UT, you wrote:
>This is a general question about posting:
>I recently tried replying privately to a post --
>very careful about hitting "reply to sender" vs.
>"reply to all" -- and the message was posted to
>the list.
>On experimenting with the reply function on my
>program I am finding that on some (not all) of the
>addresses "reply to sender" comes up as:
>
>"The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting"--
>which seems to go to the list.
>
>"Reply to All" comes up as:
>"BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU"--
>which would also go to the list.
>
>Can someone help me figure this out? A reply to
>the list might be helpful, as I think from different
>posts I'm reading that others might be having the
>same problem.
>Many thanks
>Deborah (dkj)

Der Buchbinder als Architekt des Buches baut eine
Fassade seiner Zeit. Edwin Redslob

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244