Re: Bookplates + observation

At 10:17 AM 9/8/97 -0400, Phoebe wrote:
>We've gotten the votes on bookplates and value. Does anyone know how
>seals (you know, embossers/ notary public hand devices) effect the
>value. I suppose it can't be good, but I like them so much and
>definitely haven't put them in my older books.

Maybe a famous person's seal would not affect value adversely but others,
IMHO as a book collector of 40 years, are a good bit worse than a neat
signature.  I really hate to see them in a book and would never put them in
anything including a cheap paperback.  Guess my bias is showing.

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)