mundane paper question

Dear Cognoscenti --

This is such a mundane question that I hesitate to ask,
but maybe one of the paper experts would have some advice.
  I have some mulberry paper (sold as gift wrap) that I
would like to use for hangtags on garments, but it's a
little soft.
  Is there some product I could apply in some way, perhaps
iron-on, that would stiffen it up a bit, but still allow
the paper to show thru'? The only thing I've thought of
myself is spray starch.

Thank you.

Susan Fatemi
susanf@eerc.berkeley.edu