[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Aluminum Pots for cooking
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Aluminum Pots for cooking
- From: Bob Muens <Bob@FLAKEYSOL.COM>
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:55:28 EDT
- Message-Id: <199709111440.HAA18494@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
BO>I have two pots provided in our apt. and both are aluminum. I have only
BO>used both of them once because I read somewhere that we should not cook in
BO>them due to health reasons - cancer causing? Can anyone verify if this is
BO>true or not - I know it's a little off the topic, but they are kinda related
BO>to papermaking aren't they?
Yes it is unhealthy to cook food in aluminium pots but only
acidic foods such as tomato sauces, etc. That does cover a lot of food.
I don't know how it effects papermaking but if you wanted to get
enameled or stainless cookware how about catalog shopping?