out of square

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for books that are out of
square--the kind that if you lay them on the table and look at the bottom
of the textblock you see a dramatic parallelogram instead of a
rectangle.  I'm working with ordinary public library books here, not
treasures from another century.  I've tried suggesting to every other
patron that they read the book back to front, but I haven't gotten any
takers...   Leaving them in a press with the distortion going the
opposite way doesn't seem to fix it.

Joyce
Petersburg Public Library
Alaska