Pots & Paste

Jeff:

PVA is almost the same as Elmer's white glue except for one additive
chemical with a name totally unpronounceable with 38 letters. That's the one
that makes it dry flexible... good for most bookwork. Otherwise I use wheat
paste... or even methylecllulose for a "light hold" (paper to paper).

Because of questions of chemical reaction with metals to caustics, I have
always used enameled pots for cooking botanical pulps. I got two huge ones
when I lived in Mexico. Perhaps Colette could find something like that in
the market place down on her island.

Pat