Re: small libraries

I haven't got as far as dglover in organizing my library, but using FileMaker
Pro I enter the standard library stuff (author, title, year of publication,
etc.) and the subject in separate fields so I can sort my catalog by any
single or nonconflicting multiple category. This is especially useful in a
specific collection like dglover where he/she might want to have subjects
such as "type specimens" or "type design" or any other category he/she will
remember (size, cloth or leather binding, usw). Then these subjects can be
sorted within by author, date, or any other characteristic the collector
chooses, and, I assume, shelved accordingly.

Of course don't forget the color of the binding: I knew someone in college
who shelved his book by that principle!

R. Williams