GBW Auction Donations

It's just six weeks until the annual Guild of Book Workers Standards of
Excellence Seminar, this year to be held in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
 Registration is nearly full, with less than 10 places still available.

In conjunction with the conference, I am helping the Guild with their Second
Annual Auction and am now making my 'last call' for donations.  We have
already received many wonderful contributions, most but not all of which are
book related.  We have jewelry and accesories with book motifs, artists
books, limited edition books, a marbled vignette, broadsides, cloth, supplies
and more, even a "Star Gazer" telescope gadget.  Surely you have something
tucked away in the closet, or under your workbench, that you could donate!
Anybody have a extra sewing frame or finishing press they don't need? How
about that duplicate copy of your favorite bookbinding manual? A bottle of
wine? How about offering a free class? Modest or extravagant....we will
accept them all!

This is a fun opportunity to help the Guild raise funds for special projects
not covered in their regular budget.  Whether or not you are attending the
conference, and even if you are not a GBW member, please get back to me (off
the list, please!) with your  contribution.  Your support is very much
appreciated and will be acknowledged in the auction materials.

Regards, Karen L. Crisalli/The Bookbinder's Warehouse and Pres., Guild of
BookWorkers