Re: Aluminum Pots for cooking

 soda ash react with the aluminum pot--quite vigorously. I had bubbling,
>spurting, fumes and a good lesson in checking what you are doing before you
>do it.

Thanks everyone for your replys - I am glad I asked before going ahead and
trying it.  I will continue to look for Stainless steel or enamel pots.
There's got to ONE on this island somewhere!!!  May have to resort to mail
order or go to a neighbouring island that has more selection in cookware.

It is only the beginning of many challenges in a papermakers life!

Cheers!  Colette
Colette Johnson-Vosberg