[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: preprinted signatures
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: preprinted signatures
- From: Kathy Hamre <simpham@SK.SYMPATICO.CA>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:40:56 -0600
- Message-Id: <199709122353.QAA18586@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
lesa dowd asked
>I am making a guest book for a friend's wedding. I am curious to know if
there is a place that sells preprinted guest book signatures.
>Guest books are typically wider than tall and I will not be able to print
them myself on my printer. I wanted to use a single signature case binding
and not a Japanese binding.
>Is it possible to find these or will I have to ask a printer?
Lesa Dowd asked about preprinted signatures
I am ready to put the final touches on a case-bound book about .85 inches
thick, in the horizontal format you described. I was not able to find
anything pre-printed that met my needs, so I designed the pages on my
computer the way I wanted it, printed it and then photocopied it onto the
folios. The folios measure 7.5 inches by 17 inches. The finished book size
is 8.5 X 7.5 X .85 inches.
Kathy in Saskatchewan