Re: Pochoir

Denis Gouey wrote:

> There is a book on this topic:
>
> Jean Saude, Traite d' Enluminure au Pochoir,  Paris 1925.
> It's a rare book, quite expensive to buy if you can find it, check a
> large art library.
> Good luck.
>
> Does anyone know the details of how to do the pochoir stencil coloring =
> technique? I've searched the web and found art work using the technique
> but nothing = describing the technique. I know that it uses stencils and
> some form of = pigment but that's about it. Thanks. Kim
Also - Stencelling - the Art  of Pochoir, by Vance Gerry- weather Bird
Press california. There is also a Electrotype edition of that book,
call dawson's Bookshop in Los Angeles. (don't have the number at hand
here, sorry.)
Vance Gerry is a Master at Pochoir and that little booklet is one of the
shortest and most informative I've found sofar.
charles