Paper restoration

The list may remember my dilemma of trying to get water stained prints
restored, where to take them and problems encountered when incorrect methods
were used.

I have had friends take the prints to a paper conservator in W. Palm Beach,
Fl.  Upon examining them, she said that the prints could not be restored
because the paper has a  glossy finish and when the prints are soaked, the
paper would bubble up. Can anyone elaborate on this for me or give me
further advice?

Thanks in advance, sincerely,

Colette Vosberg
Colette Johnson-Vosberg