[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Marbled Paper
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Marbled Paper
- From: Lisa Eckstein <lisae@TSOFT.NET>
- Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 17:11:15 -0700
- Message-Id: <199709220017.RAA20460@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I am about to become a marbler, as I have just purchased supplies from
Dharma Trading Co., which does ship to Canada, though they caution that
there are certain regulations and occasional problems with customs. Dharma
is primarily a supplier of materials for decorating fabric, but they carry
carrageenan, alum, oxgall, and dyes which can be used for marbling fabric
Dharma Trading Co.
San Rafael CA 94915
What kind of paper is best to use for marbling? Will printer paper work?
I'd like to practice on cheaper paper until I figure out what I'm doing.