Exhibition of German Book Arts

Ohio University's Vernon R. Alden Library announces the opening of an
exhibit of contemporary German book artists on its fifth floor.  The
exhibit features 58 books and is entitled, "Contemporary German Book
Art."

"With this exhibit we wish to make the work of German book artists
better known in the United States, and create an opportunity for
international cultural exchange," said exhibit curators and book
artists, Louisa Schaefer and Wolfgang Jorzik.

"We welcome this opportunity to share the work of German book artists
with American colleagues and wider American audiences," said Sheppard
Black, Alden Library's Special Collections' Librarian.

The books vary extensively in size, shape, illustration, and content,
and will remain on display through mid-December, after which it will
travel to other sites in the United States before returning to Germany.

    Contact:  Sheppard Black, Special Collections Libarian
              Ohio University Libraries
              Archives and Special Collections Department
              Athens, Ohio  45701
              PH:  614/593-2711