[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aesthetic Margin Size
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Aesthetic Margin Size
- From: Beth Lee <Callibeth@AOL.COM>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:10:25 -0400
- Message-Id: <199709301409.HAA06330@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I have the a collection of essays by Jan Tschichold entitled *The Form of the
Book: Essays on the Morality of Good Design.* I got it out just yesterday,
before I read these posts, to help me decide the margins of a tiny book I'm
making. The essay entitled "Consistent Correlation Between Book Page and
Title Area" is worth price of the book. It discusses the Golden Section and
the several closely related geometric methods of laying out page margins.
I also like *The Design of Books* by Adrian Wilson. I'm afraid I don't know
much about the author, but I have learned a lot from that book.