Re: Pasting down endpapers

>Do you wait until it is cooled/solid to blend it? Sounds like a great
>twist, can't wait to try

I've been using a blender for years when making paste for backing cover
fabric for Japanese bindings. I blend when the paste is hot to remove any
residual lumps---the heat will help cook any uncooked flour in the core of
a lump---and again after it is cool when I usually add a touch of thymol.
Then, should I need to thin the paste I blend again with water.  I run the
blender a the lowest speed that will form a vortex.  As far as my uses are
concerned, this serves the same purpose as straining and is much more
quickly done.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)