[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
books for babies
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: books for babies
- From: Beth Priestley <bpturtle@MTN.ORG>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:41:16 -0500
- Message-Id: <199710101809.LAA15856@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
On the occasion of a welcome-home-from-the-hospital & christening party for
the first child of a good friend, a hand-bound blank book was passed
around for everyone to write in a saying, quote or piece of wisdom for the
little boy to keep. It was a wonderful idea, if a little daunting to come
up with something timeless on the spot. It would be great to be able to
collect these tidbits ahead of time & bind them beautifully for the parents
& the child to look at later - photos, etc. could also be assembled.
I am an addict of a-b-c books - as well as middle-years picture books - and
have done a couple of personal a-b-c books for special friends' kids. Maybe
not up to hard wear & tear, but fun!
Many good wishes to Peter & his wife and little one!
Painted Turtle Design & Communications