[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Bonefolder Workshop in Portland, OR.
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Bonefolder Workshop in Portland, OR.
- From: "Peter D. Verheyen" <pdverhey@DREAMSCAPE.COM>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 07:59:48 -0400
- Message-Id: <199710141206.FAA15664@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The following is being forwarded. Please reply directly to Tim Ely (address
at bottom) as he is not on the list.
1306 NW HOYT, No 407, PORTLAND, OREGON, USA 97209
The Bone folder is probably the most often used tool in the bookbinders
In this intensive we will reshape the existing standard into a new,
personalized form that serves a variety of functions.
Basic techniques of sawing bone, carving and shaping will be taught as well
as a discussion of blade design, structure and use. If time allows we will
scrimshaw into the folders.
You may bring bone folders that you have and wish to shape but you will be
provided with two large bone folders as part of your lab fee.
The session will be Saturday afternoon, November 22 from 12:00 to 5:00
Bring a lunch if you wish, refreshers will be provided.
Space is limited to 5 participants. Please register by OCT 31,1997
The cost is $75 plus a $15 lab fee. Total $90.00
Make checks payable to Timothy C. Ely.
Questions and reservations can be addressed to Timothy Ely at 243-6812 or