reading upside down

Frank:

I have cut a number of large (about 20 x 36") lino blocks that included a
lot of poems & words on them. These have been used on everything from large
prints that were folded into "books" to textiles and floorcloths or quilts
- which means that in certain applications or viewpoints, the words would
be "upside down" to the viewer. I have gotten every reaction possible, from
those who enjoy the mystery, to those who absolutely hated it. I've even
cut some of the words into the blocks upside down on purpose - quite a
challenge to proofread upside down & backwards! It's been a lot of fun -
and most people seem to enjoy being able to have something to read
rightways up no matter what angle they look at it from.

Beth Priestley
painted Turtle Design