reading upside down

It wasn't just one Yemenite family, but the entire community that
suffered from lack of Hebrew texts and so many learned to read upside
down. In fact, if someone sees you reading upside down in my
neighbourhood (in Jerusalem) they ask if you're from Yemen.
When I have set a page I turn it upside down to better see the
distribution of type, possible rivers, etc. Not having the eyes
attracted by the actual words helps see these things. If you can read
upside down, perhaps it's no use turning the text over?
Yehuda Miklaf <mfritz@netvision.net.il>